Losing/having my cell phone stolen is apparently becoming a hobby of mine. And this just makes me hostile.
For a moment, let's ignore that the fact that I was probably too careless yesterday. When you shop and eat out in America, the first thing on your mind is not, "Hey, my cell phone might be stolen." Second, you probably wouldn't even bother to loop your cell phone onto your wrist. Third, once you realize that your cell phone is missing, you don't automatically think, "Doom!" No. Instead, you would retrace your steps, fully confident that some kind employee or fellow customer has found your phone and is waiting for the owner to return. And if you can't retrace your steps, you call your phone and that same kind employee will answer and assure you that you can come retrieve it. Right? I'm sure there are exceptions to this pattern, but it must be 90% accurate.
But not in China. No, some punk either cleverly steals your phone or just pockets it when it's been forgotten. When you call your phone, it will invariably have been turned off. Then the punk either uses the phone for his/herself or sells it to some shady street stall. And if I see my phone when I go to buy a new one today, I may just cut a bitch. Actually, I probably won't, but that phrase goes perfectly with my hostile stage.
I have a theory as to why the two countries differ, but it involves boring things such as economics and a lack of street stands, so I'll just end here. I would much rather a boar attack my phone then have it filched by someone who knows better. TWICE.
P.S. I saw Jackie Chan this weekend - hurrah!
Sunday, November 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
YEAHHHH cut a bitch. CUT A BITCH. hahaha
Fail. How many people in this damn program have either lost their phones or had them stolen? This is ridiculous. We should take a poll. Your "cut a bitch" phrase made me think of a girl I know. Her screename is "Is steph gonna have to smack a ho?" Same idea, both make me chuckle. Sorry to hear about your phone. Phone thievery is about as common as MSG or the AIDS here. Go figure.
Post a Comment